The DJI Aviator is a professional-grade drone designed for aerial photography and videography. With its advanced features and technologies, it provides an excellent flying experience for professionals and enthusiasts alike. In this article, we will discuss how to fly the DJI Aviator in manual mode.
Manual mode is the mode in which the pilot has complete control over the drone’s movement. In this mode, the drone does not use any sensors or GPS to stabilize its flight, and the pilot must control its movement manually. It’s essential to have good flying skills and experience before flying the DJI Aviator in manual mode. Follow these steps to fly the DJI Aviator in manual mode:
1) Pre-Flight Checklist
Before taking off, it’s crucial to perform a pre-flight checklist to ensure the drone is ready for flight. Here are some of the things to check:
- Check the battery level of the drone and the controller.
- Check the propellers for any damage or cracks.
- Ensure the camera is attached correctly.
- Check the SD card for any errors.
2) Safety Measures:
Flying the DJI Aviator can be dangerous if proper safety measures are not taken. Here are some safety measures to follow:
- Always fly in an open area away from people and objects.
- Avoid flying in strong winds or rain.
- Keep a safe distance from other drones or aircraft.
- Never fly near airports or restricted airspace.
To take off, follow these steps:
- Turn on the controller and the drone.
- Wait for the drone’s GPS to stabilize and for the green light to turn on.
- Hold down the takeoff button on the controller.
- The drone will lift off the ground and hover in place.
To fly the drone in manual mode, follow these steps:
- Use the left joystick to control the altitude of the drone.
- Use the right joystick to control the drone’s movement.
- Pushing the joystick forward will make the drone move forward.
- Pulling the joystick backward will make the drone move backward.
- Moving the joystick to the left or right will make the drone move in that direction.
- Use the gimbal dial to adjust the camera’s angle.
To land the drone, follow these steps:
- Find a suitable landing spot.
- Slowly descend the drone using the left joystick.
- Once the drone is close to the ground, use the right joystick to move the drone to the landing spot.
- Gently touch down the drone and turn off the motor.
Here is a table summarizing the steps to fly the DJI Aviator in manual mode:
|1.||Perform pre-flight checklist|
|2.||Take safety measures|
|4.||Control the drone’s movement with joysticks|
|5.||Adjust camera angle with gimbal dial|
|6.||Land the drone|
Flying the DJI Aviator in manual mode requires experience and skill, but it can be a rewarding experience for professionals and enthusiasts. By following the steps outlined in this article and taking proper safety measures, you can enjoy flying the DJI Aviator and capture stunning aerial footage.